What does vibrant health actually look like, and how can an individual accurately assess his own quality of life? These are some of the questions that an increasing number of Americans are now asking as they witness a cascade of ill health sweep the nation in the form of allergies, autoimmune disease, neurological problems, developmental disorders, and chronic illness. But the answers to these important questions have to be experienced in order to be fully understood, and the only way to experience them is to actually live them.Here are seven spices, food medicines and home remedies that can not only help you experience a dramatic and noticeable health renewal, but may also end up saving your life later on down the road:
1) Turmeric. This extraordinary member of the ginger family has not been dubbed the “king of all spices” for no reason. Both the short and long-term health benefits of turmeric make it a “superfood” of the highest order, offering support for bone, joint, skin, immune, digestive, circulatory, and neurological health. Rich in disease-fighting curcuminoids, turmeric is virtually unmatched when it comes to providing both immediate and perpetual relief from a variety of ailments. Turmeric has even been shown to help prevent and treat cancer, which is a leading cause of death today.”Extensive research over the past five decades has indicated that curcumin (the active ingredient in turmeric) reduces blood cholesterol levels, prevents low-density lipoprotein oxidation, inhibits platelet aggregation, suppresses thrombosis and myocardial infarction, suppresses symptoms associated with Type II diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, multiple sclerosis, and Alzheimer’s disease; inhibits HIV replication, suppresses tumor formation, enhances wound healing, protects against liver injury, increases bile secretion, protects against cataract formation, and protects against pulmonary toxicity and fibrosis,” explains a comprehensive analysis on the benefits of turmeric. (http://www.wellnessresources.com)
2) Natural sunlight (vitamin D). There is virtually no other nutrient more suitable, or easily obtained, for achieving vibrant health than vitamin D. Ample research has established that vitamin D, which is naturally produced in the body as a response to sunlight and ultraviolet B (UVB) exposure, is critical for preventing cardiovascular illness, diabetes, endocrine disorders, infections, organ failure, mental health problems, neurological conditions, and skin disease.The Vitamin D Council has a wealth of information about the health benefits of vitamin D and its importance in promoting longevity. You can learn more about it, including whether or not you and your family are vitamin D deficient, by visiting: http://www.vitamindcouncil.org/
3) Almonds. The most nutritionally-dense nut known to man, almonds are a powerhouse of nutrition that can provide immediate and lasting relief from pain and other conditions. A rich source of potassium, magnesium, calcium, phosphorus, vitamin E, and iron, almonds help regulate cholesterol levels, lower blood pressure, and promote healthy weight loss. Likewise, eating a handful of raw almonds every day can not only help ward off long-term health conditions like heart disease, but also provide instant relief for digestive discomfort, inflammation, and even headaches. (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22296169)
4) Camu camu. The densest known plant-based source of vitamin C, camu camu is a phenomenal superfood that just might be the world’s most nutrient-dense fruit. With roughly 50 times more vitamin C per volume than oranges, camu camu berries provide solid protection for your central nervous system, which is responsible for regulating the function of your brain, eyes, lungs, muscles, and heart. Eating camu camu berries or powder regularly can also help you avoid developing dementia, and protect your body against bacterial and viral infections.
5) Clean water. Because your body is constantly being bombarded with toxic chemicals, both from environmental and food sources, clean water is essential for maintaining a healthy internal ecosystem. Many common health conditions are aggravated and even caused by dehydration, and potentially millions of people needlessly take pharmaceutical drugs for conditions resulting from a lack of clean, fluoride-free water. Simply drinking more water, in other words, will help you stay healthy and disease-free.(http://www.naturalnews.com/001962_chronic_disease_dehydration.html)
6) Cruciferous vegetables. Broccoli, cauliflower, radishes, Brussels sprouts, cabbage and the many other members of the cruciferous vegetable family are sulfur-rich foods that help fight systemic inflammation, which is a primary cause of chronic illness today. Regular consumption of cruciferous vegetables, which also contain high levels of an anti-cancer nutrient known as sulforaphane, can help detoxify your gastrointestinal tract and promote the growth and repair of bodily tissues.
7) Garlic. The health benefits of garlic are numerous, which is why this common herb often makes an appearance as one of the most beneficial herbs for promoting health and wellness. Rich in a medicinal compound known as allicin, garlic has the potential to revolutionize your health, as it can help effectively prevent colds and flu and reduce the risk of cancer, among many other benefits. Fresh garlic is especially beneficial for wellness, as it contains the highest levels of therapeutic allicin. (http://www.greenmedinfo.com/substance/garlic)
Sources for this article